How You Can Help
For 30 years, the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center has been working to improve the quality of life for those living with Alzheimer’s disease and related forms for dementia, and their families. We take a pioneering approach in the development of cutting-edge services to foster the independence, well-being, dignity, and safety of those with Alzheimer’s to help prevent premature nursing home placement.
Simply put, we’re here for families every step along the way. We combine a supportive and welcoming environment with state-of-the-art Alzheimer’s disease programs, in-home respite with cognitive activities, Caregiver Support Groups, and an array of educational workshops to make a difference — one person, one family, one community at a time. And we’re looking to continue to advance our mission with your continued support.
How Can You Make an Impact?
Regardless of how large or how small, your continued support makes a huge difference. At Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center, you can get involved in multiple ways. We accept and greatly appreciate your donations, time, and efforts to make a difference throughout Long Island, Nassau County, and Queens County.
- Each dollar you generously donate makes a huge difference in the lives of families living with Alzheimer's disease. Learn more about making tax-deductible donations to Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center.
- Your time is valuable, but your presence and compassion can be invaluable. Learn more about volunteering with Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center.
- Partnering corporations make a huge impact in our ability to change lives. Learn more about corporate partnerships and corporate volunteering opportunities.
- Whether your loved one is still living or has passed on, you can show your appreciation. Learn more about In Honor and In Memoriam gifting.
The Growing Need for Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center Services
Frequently referred to as the 'hidden epidemic,' Alzheimer’s is the 6th leading cause of deaths in the nation. Our services and cutting-edge solutions are in demand by countless families living in the Long Island, Nassau County, and Queens County area.
- Every 68 seconds someone in the United States is stricken with Alzheimer’s disease.
- This disease strikes one out of every eight Americans 65 years of age or older (growing to nearly 50% of the population 85 years and older).
- Alzheimer’s disease afflicts some 5.5 million Americans, including more than 50,000 in Nassau and Suffolk Counties. Its prevalence is expected to reach 7.7 million by 2030 and 16 million by 2050.
- Nearly 7 out of every 10 individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s in the United States reside in the community with their families, not in institutions. Eighty percent of all care provided to Alzheimer’s individuals is tendered by family and friends.
Contact the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center to Learn More About How You Can Help and Make an Impact
Whether you're able to make a donation or can spare a few hours a week; we will multiply your your time, efforts, and generosity. We're only able to impact the lives of families facing Alzheimer's because of generous people like you. Our mission is to help improve the quality of life for individuals living with Alzheimer's disease and related memory disorders, and their caregivers.
We thank you in advance for all that you do to support what we do.