Donate, Give & Support
Your generosity allows us to continue helping families throughout the Long Island and Queens County area and to further advance our mission: to improve the quality of life for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia and related memory disorders, throughout the Long Island and Queens County.
When you donate to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center, a local 501(c)3, your tax-deductible gift will truly make an impact — one person, one family, one community at a time.
Your Gifts Will:
- Fund our Alzheimer's programming
- Provide support for the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center Hardship Fund
- Help improve Caregiver Support Groups
- Host events and special occasions
- Assist Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center in meeting operating expenses
- Fund repairs on equipment and ADA-compliant buses
Ways to Give
Thank you for joining us in the fight against Alzheimer’s Disease. Your tax-deductible donations make it possible for us to continue our programming and mission.
We accept a variety of gift types, including:
- Cash donations
- Check donations
- Credit card donations
- Recurring donations
- Stock gifts
- Company match donations
Cash, Check, & Credit Card Donations
One of the most common ways our donors help to fund our mission is through cash, check, and credit card donations. Each dollar you donate to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center is fully tax-deductible.
At Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center, we believe every gift, regardless of the size, makes a difference. If you’re able to donate to Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center on a regular basis, you’ll help make huge strides toward helping sustain our facilities and grow our ability to transform lives. See below how each gift adds up quickly to have a big impact.
The Impact of Monthly Gifts
- A $10 monthly gift helps to fund an hour of Music & Memory; a sensory stimulation therapy that improves mental functioning.
- A $25 monthly gift helps fund door-to-door transportation ADA- compliant buses that are operated by dementia-trained drivers. Your gift also helps fund repairs on equipment.
- A $50 monthly gift funds a 4-hour continuing education (CE) program for Elder Care Attorney’s to ensure the integrity and standards of the profession.
- A $70 gift helps to fund one day of Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center’s Social Model Day Program, transportation included, for a diagnosed individual in the early, moderate or late stage program. Each program provides safe, structured socialization and mental stimulation activities that are appropriate to the individual’s stage.
- A $80 gift helps to stock our kitchen with items such as snacks, coffee, tea and other pantry items to provide to Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center’s day program participants each morning and when needed throughout the day.
- A $100 monthly gift helps fund Whimsical Wednesdays, a two-hour monthly program that offers individuals diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease and related forms of dementia, along with their spouse or caregiver and opportunity to socialize and relax.
It's a pleasure to know how much my parents enjoy the Whimsical Wednesdays program. Music and dancing were always such a part of their lives in their younger years. Although some memories and words are harder to retrieve, it's amazing to see how the words and feelings of songs of yesteryear come back to them in this supportive setting.
Gifts of Stock
Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center gratefully accepts stock donations through Wells Fargo.
Potential benefits include:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
To help you facilitate a gift of stock, please ask your broker to transfer the stock to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center Wells Fargo account using the information below:
Wells Fargo Clearing Services
Client Name: Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center
Account # 3791-2734
Gift Matching - Double your Impact!
Did you know you could multiply your gift to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center through your company match program? Many companies match employees’ charitable contributions, doubling (sometimes even tripling!) the impact of a gift to Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center. We always encourage our generous donors to contact their HR office to see if it’s possible.