Donate, Give & Support
Your generosity allows us to continue helping families to further advance our mission: to improve the quality of life for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. When you donate to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center, a local 501(c)3, your tax-deductible gift will truly make a hands-on impact — one person, one family, one community at a time.
Your Gifts Will:
- Fund our hands-on programming
- Financially support diagnosed individuals and caregivers
- Help improve our caregiver and respite services
- Host annual fundraising events and special occasions
- Assist in administration expenses
- Fund repairs on our ADA-compliant buses
Ways to Give
We accept a variety of gift types, including:
- Cash donations
- Check donations
- Credit card donations
- Recurring donations
- Stock gifts
- Company match donations
- AmazonSmile - When you shop on AmazonSmile, Amazon donates 0.5% of the purchase price to the organization of your choice. Click to start fundraising for the LIAD Center today!
- Facebook Fundraising - Connect with friends on a cause you're passionate about! Set up a Facebook Birthday Fundraiser, go live on Instagram, or simply share our donation link. Learn more here.
LIAD GEMs are committed champions who Give Every Month and provide steady, reliable support to our mission. Thanks to our community of GEMs, families living with dementia receive hands-on care, supplies, counseling, and cognitively stimulating programs.
The Impact of Monthly Gifts:
- $10/month - help our staff meet families on Zoom for virtual counseling sessions and stimulation
- $25/month - help cover the costs of our virtual one-on-one counseling service
- $50/month - provide a week of door-to-door bus transportation for one family
- $100/month - provide our staff with program tools, including craft supplies, tablets, PPE and more
Recurring gifts of any amount add up quickly to have a big impact. Click here to become a LIAD GEM.
Gifts of Stock
Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center gratefully accepts stock donations through Wells Fargo.
Potential benefits include:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
To help you facilitate a gift of stock, please ask your broker to transfer the stock to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center Wells Fargo account using the information below:
Wells Fargo Clearing Services
Client Name: Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center
Account # 3791-2734
Gift Matching - Double your Impact!
Did you know you could multiply your gift to the Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center through your company match program? Many companies match employees’ charitable contributions, doubling (sometimes even tripling!) the impact of a gift to Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center. We always encourage our generous donors to contact their HR office to see if it’s possible.
Frequently Asked Questions About Donations
Are Donations Tax Deductible?
Yes! The Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. All of your donations and contributions are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. We will never share or sell your information.
At the beginning of each fiscal year, we will provide you with a statement of your contributions that you can use for your tax filings. We typically disburse these statements no later than January 31 of the year following your contributions. If you have any questions or concerns about the tax deductibility of your donations, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Does Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center Take Other Donations?
At Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center, we're able to do because of kind and giving people like you. In addition to cash and cash equivalent donations, we accept non-perishable goods.
Give us a call at (516) 767-6856 to learn more about some of our immediate needs.
Thank You for Generosity
We are a completely transparent 501(3)(c) nonprofit organization. We encourage you to visit our facilities to experience the difference we're making in the lives of families throughout the Long Island, Nassau County, and Queens County area. While you're at our facility, you can see your generosity in action. We also encourage you to view our financials to see how your donations are making a difference.
Contact Long Island Alzheimer's and Dementia Center by calling (516) 767-6856 or complete our online contact form.